March 2nd, 2019.
Today Eddie, Sunny and I woke up early to catch the bus to Siena. Three hours later, we arrived in the quaint town.
Some things we did include:
- walking around Piazza Del Campo
- climbing the bell tower, Torre del Mangia, which was well worth it for the amazing 360 views..we were able to see Sunny who was people-watching in the piazza
- visiting the Siena Cathedral
- sitting on this odd parasite-like sculpture in Piazza del Duomo and pondering the purpose of said sculpture
- getting gelato (yum!)
- window shopping and hearing the story of the man who makes hats
- making bad puns
I loved the vibe of Siena and it was perfect for a day trip from Rome. Everyone was kind and helped us with our limited Italian (although we made it relatively far into dinner until the waiter realized we were American).
Until next time, Siena.